Monday, July 21, 2014

Mahabharata Receives Two Awards





Just received two Finalist Medals for my book Mahabharata: The Eternal Quest  from the 2014 Next Generation Indie Book Awards.  They had notified me last month about an award.  When two medals recently showed up in the mail I thought they had made a mistake. Looking at their letter again I realized I received the Finalist Award in two different categories – Spiritual & Religious Non-Fiction.

Also, I recently posted the first part of a talk I gave at the Wheeling library back in February about the book.  See my site http://mahabharata-project.com  The other two parts are on YouTube.

My intent in writing the book was three fold: 1) to deliver the story as good literature 2) to give it a cinematic slant, as potentially the basis for a film 3) to keep it at a length that could easily be studied in high school and  college classrooms.” Beside the Finalist Awards, the book has received acclaim from scholars across the country and is being used in a couple of courses.

Now the goal is to surpass William Buck's impersonal Mahabharata as the go to book in the academic community. You can help by simply using Google to access my Mahabharata site above.  That will boost the book's visibility. Thanks so very much.