Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Mahabharata: The Movie?



Mahabharata: The Eternal Quest

As some may know, I was involved in theater in the Movement for many years. That was back in the 70's and 80's.  (Over the last twenty years I transitioned into dramatic storytelling, which I also do professionally.) Lokamangala prabhu and I performed Mahabhharata Off Broadway in NYC over 25 years ago and also toured with the play to temples, colleges and special events. We touched a lot of people with  this play wherein we each took on several roles, including storyteller. Devotees often suggested we work on a Mahabharata movie. That’s a bit out of my reach at this point, but I thought I would write the story in a way that it would feel like a film. 

I've been working on my Mahabharata rendition for some years. And at the end of July the book will finally be available.  One scholar, Subhash Kak, PhD at  Oklahoma State University, has written in the foreword:  "A great book needs to be retold afresh for each generation. The Mahabharata is one of those books... Fast-paced and cinematic, this rendition captures the scope and breath of the great epic."

My title is Mahabharata: The Eternal Quest. The amazing thing about the  Mahabharata is that it contains all genres: action-adventure, romance, humor, tragedy, horror, mystery, mystical and apocalyptical. It's all there, and more. It's the living sacred story of an ancient land and an ancient tradition. 

The book is geared to readers - young adults and up, and especially for study in college classes.  My daughter is doing a full color cover. The book has a $16 price tag. To see more reviews & details & to pre-order the book go to   http://mahabharata-project.com/

Until further notice I am only accepting orders in the USA. If you're outside let me know and I’ll see what I can do. 

But I have a special request:  If you would like to help in the printing of the book AND be listed on the acknowledgement page in the book for supporting this Mahabharata Project  AND receive four autographed copies And be able to get copies at wholesale prices for as long as the book is in print (they are going to make great gifts)      - You get all that for only $108.   - TIME SENSITIVE -  You will need  to email me at  - Story108@juno.com   - by Tuesday, April 23 if you would like to help out in this way and have your name in the book as a supporter. 
  
If you have any questions don't hesitate to get in touch.

your friend and servant,  
Sankirtana Das

PS: Srila Prabhupada writes, "In this age, the Mahabharata is more essential than the original Vedas."